Inside Higher Ed, the leading source for news, careers and information for the higher education community, is seeking an innovative and experienced Graphic Designer to join our growing team. The Graphic Designer will be responsible for developing graphic design and illustrative concepts and bringing them to life across multiple platforms. This individual will lead design efforts for marketing, editorial, and advertising departments, with an emphasis on the creation of marketing collateral and data-rich infographics and reports.
- Conceptualize and design a wide range of material including infographics, e-books, data reports, banner ads, brochures, sell sheets, logos, trade show displays, website graphics, and more
- Collaborate with internal team-members to determine voice and messaging for graphic design pieces
- Advise on best practices and optimizations throughout design projects
- Assist front-end developer by creating website and newsletter mock-ups
- Select photos for editorial and commercial usage
- Present designs to stakeholders and applicable teams
- Meet deadlines and proactively identify and resolve issues that may impact project timelines
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, design, or art preferred (extensive experience in the field may also be acceptable)
- 3-5 years of graphic design experience creating a variety of materials, preferably in a corporate environment
- Well versed in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Strong and diverse portfolio of work showcasing a variety of experience, concepts and visual styles (please send link to professional portfolio with resume submission)
- Exceptional creative, conceptual, and critical thinking abilities
- Experience at a digital agency and/or media company is a plus
- Basic knowledge of marketing and adverti sing
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple deadlines
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Team player with a friendly, professional demeanor
- Ability and desire to stay up-to-date with design/graphics trends and implement these in daily work
Inside Higher Ed provides a competitive salary commensurate with experience as well as a generous slate of benefits and a brand-new office in the heart of downtown DC. We work hard and believe in the value of work-life balance and donuts. If you’re looking for an opportunity to work collaboratively with smart and dedicated colleagues, apply today and let us know why you’d be a great fit.
How to Apply:
If you think you'd be a great fit, we'd love to hear from you! To apply, please email email@example.com with your resume, a cover letter outlining your interest in this role, your portfolio and your salary requirements. Applications without a portfolio or without salary requirements will not be considered.
Inside Higher Ed is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are unable to sponsor for this position. No contract or remote opportunities available.