Social Media and Digital Marketing Specialist
Inside Higher Ed, the leading source for news, opinion and information for the higher education community, is seeking an enthusiastic and data-driven social media specialist. The Social Media and Digital Marketing Specialist will be responsible for our social media and community outreach efforts while also supporting the marketing team by tracking metrics across multiple channels.
Social Media and Community Engagement
- Maintain and grow new and existing social media communities, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and others
- Build community and foster engagement with readers across platforms
- Moderate user-generated content and respond appropriately to reader comments and queries
- Strategize with the marketing team to coordinate efforts across channels
- Track and report on social media KPIs
- Source or create images to accompany content
- Collect and report on data from multiple sources, including Google Analytics
- Closely monitor metrics across platforms to help identify positive (or negative) trends associated with changes made on our sites
- Stay aware of and regularly share new trends and best practices
- Collect data and prepare reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Pr ovide marketing support via development of materials, including sales emails, collateral and presentations, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years relevant work experience, including documented responsibility for social media and/or community-building activities
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants and how each platform can be utilized in different scenarios
- Demonstrated creativity in social media marketing and/or community-building
- Enthusiasm for data and eagerness to understand trends behind metrics and suggest improvements
- Extreme attention to detail, particularly with grammar and spelling
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple deadlines
- Interest in higher education and/or journalism preferred
Inside Higher Ed offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience as well as generous benefits, a genuine belief in the value of work/life balance and three weeks' vacation. We are centrally located in downtown D.C.
How to Apply:
If you think you'd be a great fit, we'd love to hear from you! To apply, please email email@example.com with your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in this role and your salary requirements. Submissions without a cover letter or without salary requirements will not be considered. Links to samples/portfolios are welcomed.
Inside Higher Ed is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are unable to sponsor for this position. No contract or remote opportunities available.